Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation Environmental Policy
Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation realizes safety and security of living through technology and partnership, and contributes to the future of humanity and the earth by providing products, systems and services to social and industrial infrastructure. In addition, we consider that our business itself is an environmental activity, and contribute to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and solve global common issues with Cyber Physical System (CPS) technology that creates new services to support these values.
We recognize that the basic responsibility of people living today is to hand over the precious global environment to the next generation in a sound condition. Out of this recognition and in according with Toshiba Group's Environmental Vision, we aim at achieving a de-carbonized society, a recycling-oriented society, and a society in harmony with nature enabling all people in leading affluent lifestyles in harmony with the Earth.
1. Environmental stewardship via environmental management is one of the primary responsibilities.
- We strive for continuous improvement and progress of our environmental management system by harmonizing environmental and economic activities to help improve environmental performance.
- We continuously assess impacts to biodiversity and the environment by our business aspects and specify environmental objectives with respect to mitigation of pollution and environmental impact in order to pursue environmental conservation.
- We comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations, along with our own voluntary standards to which we subscribe.
- We require all employees to make a practical contribution to the environment through their jobs and promote environmental activities throughout the group companies worldwide.
2. We contribute to society by providing products, systems and services which contribute to reducing environmental impacts throughout their lifecycle.
- We will provide to society, and strive to develop environmental technologies for the future to help realize a sustainable society.
- We will reduce CO2 emissions through continued improvement on efficiency of energy conversion, reduction of both energy loss and power consumption.
- We will reduce precious resources used in the production process through downsizing and lessening the weight of our products.
- We will facilitate, reuse and reapply through modularization and improvement of assembly.
- We will reduce the concentration of hazardous chemical substances by substituting to less hazardous chemicals.
- We will provide new value through solutions such as ICT (Information and Communication Technology).
3. We are committed to mitigate the environmental impact in our production processes by addressing the actions presented below.
- We will reduce CO2 emissions in production, power supply facilities and distribution chains through the reduction of energy consumption such as electricity, gas, and fossil fuel.
- We will reduce greenhouse gases (SF6 etc.).
- We will reduce our environmental impact by controlling the amount of chemical substances handled and reducing emissions.
- We will promote the effective use of resources by reducing the total amount of waste and water consumption.
- We will promote Green Procurement to purchase environmentally-friendly goods and parts.
4. As a trusted partner, we are committed to contributing to society though our environmental activities and by collaborating and cooperating with local communities and society.
- We will disclose environmental information and enhance the environmental communications both internally and externally to facilitate a mutual understanding both within Toshiba as well as outside Toshiba.
- We will participate and cooperate in environmental activities that engage our society.
April 1st, 2019
President and CEO
Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation