FA3100S model 9500/ 5500
The sales of FA3100S model 9500 ended in November 2013.
The sales of FA3100S model 5500 ended in March 2014.
Easy to Use, Highly Reliable, Good Performance
Advanced Technology to Deliver Higher Performance
Dual-Core Processor Built in
High-performance CPU Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6400 (2.13 GHz/FSB1066 MHz) is built in for high-speed processing.
High-Speed, High-Performance Chipset and Memory Employed
An Intel 3010 chipset and a high-speed memory with the ECC function are applied for high-speed data transfer. A 2-channel gigabit Ethernet is provided as a standard interface.
Gigabit Ethernet I/F in Standard Specification (2ch)
Two channels of Gigabit Ethernet I/F (10BASE-T/100BASE-T/1000BASE-T for automatic switching) are provided in the standard specification. (Wake on LAN function compatible)
High Reliability for Supporting 24/7 Continuous Operation
Technology and Quality that Support 24-Hour Continuous Operation
Highly reliable, long-life parts are used, based on assumption of 24-hour continuous operation. The individual parts are tested, and the products in the shipment configuration are put to function and temperature tests to determine that they fully satisfy the specifications (in the temperature range of 5 to 40 °C) and the high quality requirements.
Improved Cooling Performance (Separate 3-lane Structure)
There are two intake fans in the front and one exhaust fan in the rear. Without using CPU cooler fans, the CPU is cooled by direct exposure of the heat sink to the air drawn in by the intake fans. The cooling performance is improved by separating the main heat flows of the major internal parts of the product.
ECC Memory Employed
A highly reliable ECC memory capable of detecting and correcting memory errors is installed.
Good Maintainability and Protective Structure
Easy Maintenance by Front Access
The hard disks, cooling fans, and lithium battery can be easily replaced from the front of the main unit.
|FA3100S||model 9500||model 5500|
|Single Disk Model||RAID Disk Model||Single Disk Model||RAID Disk Model|
|Processor||Main Processor||Intel Core 2 Duo processor E6400 (2.13 GHz)||Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor E2160 (1.8 GHz)|
|Level 2 Cache||2 MB (CPU built in)||1 MB (CPU built in)|
|Main Memory*1||Memory||DDR2 SDRAM (DDR2-667/PC-2-5300) with ECC check, DIMM 4 sockets|
|Capacity||Min. 512 MB (512 MB×1) , Max. 4GB*2 (2 GB×2)|
|Auxiliary Storage||Built-in HDD||Options (Refer to the tabel of Optional Hardware Speficications)|
|Built-in DVD Super Multi-Drive|
|RAID Compatible||-||RAID 1/5||-||RAID 1/5|
|Interface||Serial Interface||RS-232C (9-pin D-SUB) x 2ch (rear)|
|Parallel Interface||For printer (25-pin D-SUB) x 1ch (rear)|
|Keyboard Interface||PS/2 x 1ch (rear) or USB|
|Mouse Interface||PS/2 x 1ch (rear) or USB|
|USB Interface*3/*4||USBx2ch (front), USBx4ch (rear) (Type A USB 2.0/1.1)|
|Audio Interface*4/*5||LINE IN/LINE OUT/MIC IN (3.5φ stereo mini jack) (rear)|
|Ethernet Interface*4||10 BASE-T/100 BASE-TX/1000 BASE-T (automatic switching) (RJ45) x 2ch (rear) Wake on LAN (main unit port only compatible)|
|Display Interface||Options (Refer to the table of Optional Hardware Specifications)|
|DI/DO Interface||Digital input/output (20 half-pitch pins) DI 4 points, DO 4 points,remote ON/OFF or remote initialize 1 point, no power supply*6||Options (Refer to the table of Optional Hardware Specifications)*7|
(No. of Slots)
|PCI slot (32 bits/33 MHz) (full size x 5)*8/*9 PCI2.3||PCI slot (32 bits/33 MHz) (full size x 5)*10 PCI2.3|
|PCI Express slot (full size x2)*11 PCI Express 1.0a RAID disk model: 1 slot exclusive to RAID board||PCI Express slot (full size x2)*11 PCI Express 1.0a RAID disk model: 1 slot exclusive to RAID board|
|Input Device||Keyboard*12||USB 104 keys (Japanese version USB 109 keys selectable)|
|Software||OS (Operating System)*13/*14/*15||Windows® XP Professional (English version/multi-language version*16) (32bit)
Windows Vista® Business (English version) (32bit)
Windows®7 Professional (English version) (32bit)*17
|Windows® XP Professional (English version/multi-language version) (32bit)
Windows Vista® Business (English version) (32bit)
Windows® 7 Professional (English version) (32bit)*18
*Option for model 5500
|Fan stop detection, CPU temperature rise detection Internal temperature detection, Internal voltage detection Memory error detection, PCI bus error detection Digital input/output (DI/DO 4 points each; remote ON/OFF or remote initialize 1 point) Watchdog timer, hard disk monitor (RAID only) Software power off (shutdown), Remote initialize, Remote power on/off Error information save on RAS memory, Operating time monitor function Temperature information trend function, Simulation function|
|Power Supply (Wide Range Power Supply)*19||Rated voltage 100 VAC/240 VAC, allowable voltage 85 to 264 VAC, allowable frequency 50 Hz/60 Hz±3Hz|
|Electric Power Consumption||Max. 508 W/513 VA (without display)|
|Dimensions and Weight||430 (W) x 170 (H)*20 x 460 (D) mm (without projections) Weight: about 17 kg|
|AC Power Cable||1|
Optional Hardware Specifications
|model 9500||model 5500|
|Expansion Main Memory*1||DDR2 SDRAM (DDR2-667/PC2-5300) 512MB/1GB/2GB selectable,with ECC check|
|Single disk model capacity: 160 GB 3 units mountable|
|RAID disk model capacity: 160 GB/500 GB 3 units mountable (hot swap compatible RAID disk)|
|DVD-ROM speed 8x max. (read) / DVD-ROM speed 24x max. (read) / DVD-R speed 8x max. (read)
DVD+R speed 8x max. (read)) / DVD-RW speed 8x max. (read) / DVD+RW speed 8x max. (read)
DVD-RAM speed 5x max. (read) / CD-R speed 24x max. (read) / CD-RW speed 24x max. (read)
|Built-in DVD super multi-drive*22
|DVD-ROM speed 8x max. (read) / DVD-ROM speed 24x max. (read)
DVD-R speed 8x max. (write)/speed 8x max. (read) / DVD+R speed 8x max. (write)/speed 8x max. (read)
DVD-RW speed 6x max. (write)/speed 8x max. (read) / DVD+RW speed 4x max. (write)/speed 8x max. (read)
DVD-RAM speed 5x max. (write)/speed 5x max. (read) / CD-R speed 24x max. (write)/speed 24x max. (read)
CD-R speed 24x max. (write)/speed 24x max. (read)
|Expansion Ethernet Interface||10 BASE-T/100 BASE-TX/1000 BASE-T (automatic switching) (RJ45) x 1ch (rear) (PCI bus)|
|Display Interface||LED function to display initialized state of main unit started; RAS status lamp function to display hardware operating status (cooling fan, lithium battery voltage, internal temperature)|
|LED Display Module*22||LED function to display initialized state of main unit started; RAS status lamp function to display hardware operating status (cooling fan, lithium battery voltage, internal temperature)||-|
(With Power Supply)
|Digital input/output (half-pitch 36-pin) DI 4 points, DO 4 points, remote ON/OFF or remote initialize 1 point*6/*23||Digital input/output (half-pitch 36-pin) DI 4 points, DO 4 points, remote ON/OFF or remote initialize 1 point*7/*23|
(Without Power Supply)
|Standard function||Digital input/output (half-pitch 20-pin) DI 4 points, DO 4 points, remote ON/OFF or remote initialize 1 point*7|
|RAS Terminal Board
(For No Power Supply)*24
|DI 4 points, DO 4 points, remote input 1 point|
(For No Power Supply)*24
|Half pitch 20-pin male at both ends, 2 m max.|
|RAS Terminal Board
|Rack Mounting Parts||For JIS type 19 rack/for EIA type 19 rack|
Installation Environment Conditions
|Installation Environment||Temperature (Operating/Storage)||5 to 40°C/-10 to 50°C|
|Humidity (Operating/Storage)||20 to 80% RH (no condensation) /10 to 90% RH (no condensation)|
|Vibration (Operating)*25||1.96m or less/s2 (IEC C60068-2-6:9 to 150Hz 1cycle)|
|(As Packed)||19.6m or less/s2|
|Shock (Operating/As Packed)||19.6m or less/s2/245m or less/s2|
|Corrosive Gas (Operating/Storage)||Not to be detected|
|Allowable Instantaneous Interruption Time||20 ms or less (operating at rated voltage)|
- *1 A dual channel memory configuration requires installation of storage devices of the same capacity. Operation will not be guaranteed if you pair other than genuine storage devices for Toshiba industrial computers.
- *2 If a 4 GB memory is installed, the available memory value will be about 3 GB in order to reserve the memory address area for PCI device, etc.
- *3 USB interface does not always guarantee the operation of all the USB peripherals.
- *4 Enable/disable can be set using the main unit's BIOS.
- *5 Use connecting units that meet the specifications below.
|LINE IN||1Vrms||Input impedance 10kΩ|
|LINE OUT||1Vrms||Load impedance 10kΩ to 600kΩ|
|MIC IN||0.1Vrms||Input impedance 10kΩ|
- *6 DI/DO interface without power supply is a standard component, and DI/DO interface with power supply is an option.
Either of them may be selected. (Pre-shipment option)
- *7 DI/DO interface is not included in the (optional) expansion RAS board. Select one as necessary. DI/DO interface "without power supply" or "with power supply" can be optionally selected. (Option before shipment)
- *8 PCI slot board size (312 mm (L) x 107 mm (H) or less) mountable
- *9 Installable PCI boards are 5V key boards and 5V/3.3V shared key boards. (Boards of 3.3V keys only cannot be installed.)
- *10 PCI slot board size (312 mm (L) x 106.68 mm (H) or less) mountable
- *11 PCI Express slot board size (312 mm (L) x 111.15 mm (H) or less) mountable
- *12 Either USB type or PS/2 type can be selected in your order. USB type is taken as selected if neither is specified.
- *13 Of the Operating Systems listed here, your specified OS will be installed.
- *14 OS supply period is subject to change depending on the OS distribution period of the OS supplier.
- *15 The main unit and OS recovery media are compatible with OA (OEM Activation), so OS recovery or hardware configuration change does not require Windows license authentication.
- *16 To be released separately
- *17 Windows® 7 requires a minimum memory capacity of 1 GB. WindowsR XP mode is outside the scope of our support.
- *18 Optional RAS board is necessary for Windows® 7. The required memory capacity is 1 GB minimum.
Windows® XP mode is outside the scope of our support.
- *19 This model has a power supply with a built-in PFC (power factor correction) circuit. If you are using a UPS (uninterrupted power supply), select a sine wave output type.
- *20 Shown with 10-mm rubber feet on
- *21 Shipment model and drive bay combinations are below
|Shipment Model||Drive Bay 2||Drive Bay 1||Drive Bay 0|
|Single Disk Model||HDD
|RAID Disk Model||RAID1 Model
|Hot spare HDD
- *22 Pre-shipment option
- *23 Option (with power supply) supplies 5 VDC to DI and remote inputs. If you are using DO, it is necessary for you to have an external power supply ready.
- *24 RAS terminal board and RAS cable are exclusive to DI/DO interface (without power supply). When using DI/DO interface with power supply, users are in charge of prepareing RAS terminal board and RAS cable by their own.
- *25 Except during operation of auxiliary storage other than HDD