FA3100SS model 1000
Next Generation of a Proven Platform Supports Stable System Operation
Faster and Better Performance
Equipped with 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7
Processor (2.3 GHz) High-Performance CPU
A 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor 3615QE (2.3 GHz) high-performance CPU is installed to realize high-speed processing.
Weighted maximum performance (in APP value) Unit: Effective tera
- * The above is a comparison of the weighted maximum performance (in APP value) released by Intel, and there may be differences from the above depending on your system.
Equipped with High-Speed, High-Performance Memory
The Mobile Intel® HM76 Express chipset and high-speed memory with ECC function (up to 16 GB) provides high-speed data transfer.
USB3.0 Interface Is a Standard Feature
Maximum data transfer speed Unit: bps
- * The above shows maximum data transfer speeds in theoretical value.
The above performance may not always apply to your actual data transfer speed. USB 3.0 is not supported when Windows® XP or Windows Server® 2008 is installed.
Gigabit (2-channel) Ethernet Interface is a Standard Feature
Gigabit-compatible 2-channel Ethernet interface (with auto negotiation for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) is a standard feature (Compatible with the Wake On LAN® function).
Equipped with graphic function with a built-in CPU chipset
Equipped with graphic function with a built-in CPU chipset (compatible with full HD display). This permits multi display*1 features such as expansion desktop function, clone display function, collage display function etc.
- *1 When using Windows Server® 2012, the system does not support multi display.
The collage display function is only supported with Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.1
High Quality that Supports Stable Operation
Technology and Quality for Supporting 24-Hour Continuous Operation
High-quality, long-life parts are used, based on assumption of 24-hour continuous operation. The hardware is designed with derating taken into account. Thorough quality control is ensured by testing individual units at the component level, and then conducting, for all shipped products, function testing in the user shipment configuration and temperature tests to determine that product specifications will be fully satisfied (in the temperature range of 5 to 40 °C).
Improved Cooling Performance
There are two intake fans in the front and one exhaust fan in the rear. A CPU cooler fan is not used, and cooling is achieved by directly applying incoming air from the intake fans to the CPU heat sink. Cooling performance is enhanced by separating heat flow for the main parts inside the main unit.
Uses ECC Memory
The unit is equipped with highly reliable memory with an ECC function for detecting and correcting memory errors.
Good Maintainability and Protection Structure
Easy Maintenance by Front Access
HDDs, SSDs, cooling fans, and battery can be easily replaced from the front of the main unit.
- *2 The security lock key enables you to prevent illegal access by fixing the drive bay covers with special internal screws and using special parts inside the USB cover.
|Single Disk Model||RAID Disk Model|
|Processor||Main Processor||Intel® Core™ i7 3615QE (2.3GHz)|
|Level 2 Cache Memory||256 KB/Core (built into main processor)|
|Level 3 Shared Cache Memory||6 MB (built into main processor)|
|Chipset||Mobile Intel® HM76 Express Chipset|
|Main Memory*1||Memory||DDR3 SDRAM (DDR3-1333/PC3-10600) with ECC function, DIMM 2 sockets|
|Capacity||Min. 2GB (2GB×1), Max. 16GB (8GB×2)|
|Auxiliary Storage||Built-in HDD||Options(Refer to Optional Hardware Specifications)|
|RAID Compatible||-||RAID 1/5|
|Interface||COM Interface||RS-232C (9-pin D-SUB) x 2ch (rear)|
|USB Interface*4||USB3.0 (TYPE A) x 2 ports (rear), USB2.0 (TYPE A) x 4 ports (front/rear 2 ports each)|
|Sound Interface*5||LINE IN/LINE OUT/MIC IN (3.5φ mini jack) (rear)|
|LAN Interface||10BASE-T/100BASE-TX /1000BASE-T (Auto Negotiation) (RJ45) × 2ch (rear) Wake On LAN® (main unit port only compatible)*6|
|Graphic Interface||RGB × 1ch, DVI-D × 1ch (rear) CPU-chipset with built-in graphics function|
|DI/DO Interface||Option(Refer to Optional Hardware Specifications)|
|Expansion Interface||PCI-Express slot*7||Total 3 slots|
|PCI-Express (×16)||1 slot (full size) PCI Express 3.0|
|PCI-Express (×4)||1 slot (full size) PCI Express 2.0
Exclusive to RAID controller board in models with RAID disk
|PCI-Express (×1)||1 slot (full size) PCI Express 2.0|
|PCI slot*8||4 slots (full size) PCI 3.0 32 bit/33 MHz/5 V power supply|
|Input Device||Keyboard||USB109 keys (Japanese OS), 104 keys (English OS)|
|RAS Function||Fan stop detection, CPU temperature rise detection, Internal temperature detection, Internal voltage detection, Memory error detection, PCI bus error detection, Digital input/output*9 (DI/DO 4 points each; remote power ON/OFF or remote initialize 1 point), Watchdog timer monitoring (at system startup/during system operation), RAID disk monitoring, Software power off (shutdown), Remote initialize, Remote power on/off, Error information save on RAS memory, Operating time monitor function, Temperature information trend function, Simulation function|
(Wide Range Power Supply)*10
|Rated voltage 100 VAC-240 VAC, allowable voltage 85 VAC-264 VAC, allowable frequency 50 Hz/60 Hz±3 Hz|
|Electric Power Consumption||Max. 508 W/513 VA|
|Energy consumption efficiency based on Energy Conservation Act*11||Category||L|
|Value||0.60 [AAA]||0.80 [AAA]|
|Dimensions and Weight||430 (W) × 170 (H)*12 × 460 (D) mm
Weight: about 17kg
|Items included in shipment package||AC power cable (1), AC power cable clamp (1), Rubber foot (4 pieces), Security key (1
set), Mouse, Keyboard, product recovery media (with OS pre-installed models), instruction manual PDF
(included on optical media)*13
* Items other than those listed above may be included depending on the configuration of the system ordered.
|Software (OS) *14 *15 *16 *17||Windows® XP Professional SP3 (Japanese version/English version) (32
Windows® 7 Professional SP1 ( Japanese version/English version/
Chinese version/Korean version) (32 bit/64 bit)*18
Windows® Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro Update
( Japanese version/English version) (32 bit/64 bit)*19
Windows Server® 2008 R2 Standard SP1
( Japanese version/English version) (64 bit)*20
Windows Server® 2012 R2 Standard Update
( Japanese version/English version) (64 bit)*20 *21
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.4 Server compliant (32 bit/64 bit)
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.1 Server compliant(64bit)
Optional Hardware Specifications
|Expansion Main Memory||DDR3 SDRAM (DDR3-1333／PC3-10600) 2 GB/4 GB/8GB selectable|
|Built-in HDD*22||Single disk model capacity: 160 GB/1 TB 2 units mountable|
|RAID disk model capacity: 160 GB/ 500 GB 3 units mountable
(hot swap compatible RAID disk)
|Built-in SSD*2 *22||Single disk model capacity: 128 GB/512 GB 2 units mountable|
|RAID disk model capacity: 160 GB/ 400 GB 3 units mountable
(hot swap compatible)
|Built-in DVD-ROM*3||Read drive
|Built-in DVD super multi-drive*3||Write/Read drive
|Cooling Fan Unit*3||[Intake fan x 2 (92 mm square, 80 mm square), power supply unit fan x1] available as a set, selectable from Type A or Type B|
|LED Display Module*3||POST code display function during unit startup, RAS status lamp function to display hardware operating status (cooling fan, battery voltage, internal temperature, RAID disk)|
(Without Power Supply)
|(DI/DO board) Digital input/output (half pitch 20-pin) DI 4 points, DO 4 points, remote ON/OF or remote initialize 1 point|
(With Power Supply)
|(DI/DO board) Digital input/output (half pitch 36-pin) DI 4 points, DO 4 points, remote ON/OF or remote initialize 1 point|
|RAS Terminal Board*23
(For No Power Supply)
|Dl 4 points, DO 4 points, remote input 1 point|
(For No Power Supply)
|Half pitch 20-pin male at both ends, 2 m max.|
|RAS Terminal Board Mounting Panel||Simplified type|
|Rack Mounting parts||For JIS type 19 rack/for EIA type 19 rack|
|FA3100SS model 1000 unit instruction manual,
RAS support software instruction manual,
RAID controller (ER382C) instruction manual
Installation Environment Conditions
|5 to 40°C /-10 to 50°C|
|Humidity (Operating/While Stored)||20 to 80% RH (no condensation) /10 to 90% RH (no condensation)|
|Vibration||(Operating)*24||With HDD configuration: 2.0 m/s2
(JIS C60068-2-6:9 to 150Hz 1 cycle)
With SSD configuration: 4.9 m/s2
(JIS C60068-2-6:9 to 150Hz 1 cycle)
|(While Packed)||19.6m/s2 or less|
|Shock (Operating/While Packed)||19.6m/s2 or less / 245m/s2 or less|
|Dust||0.3 mg/m3 or less (JEITA-IT-1004A Class B compliant)|
|Corrosive gas / chemicals||Not to be detected (JEITA IT-1004A Class A compliant)|
|Allowable Instantaneous Power Failure Time||20 ms or less at the rated input voltage|
- *1 If a main memory of 4 GB or more is installed with a 32 bit OS already installed in your system, the available memory capacity will be about 2.6 GB (default) in order to reserve the memory address area for PCI device, etc. Operation cannot be guaranteed when memory modules other than our company's genuine industrial computer modules are installed.
- *2 The "S·M·A·R·T (Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) data monitoring software (XSMART)" that can be used to predict SSD life is not pre-installed. Customers can install and use the program as required. SSD and HDD cannot be mixed in the RAID disk model.
- *3 No expansion at customer site because of pre-shipment options
- *4 USB interface does not always guarantee the operation of all the USB peripherals. Not compatible with USB3.0 when Windows XP or Windows Server 2008 R2 is installed. Use with USB2.0.
- *5 Use connecting units that meet the specifications below.
|LINE IN||1Vrms||Input impedance 10kΩ|
|LINE OUT||1Vrms||Load impedance 10kΩ to 600kΩ|
|MIC IN||0.1Vrms||Input impedance 10kΩ|
- *6 For Windows® Embedded 8.1 Industry and Windows Server® 2012 R2, only the LAN2 connector can use the Wake On LAN function.
- *7 PCI Express slot (full size) board size (312 mm (L) ×111.15 mm (H) or less) mountable.
- *8 PCI slot (full size) board size (312 mm (L) × 106.68mm (H) or less) mountable. Installable PCI boards are 5V keyboards and 5V/3.3V shared keyboards. (Boards of 3.3 V keys only cannot be installed.)
- *9 The separate option package (DI/DO interface, RAS terminal block, RAS cable) is required to use the digital input/output function.
- *10 This model has a power supply with a built-in PFC (power factor correction) circuit. If you are using a UPS (uninterrupted power supply), select a sine wave output type.
- *11 The energy consumption efficiency is calculated by subtracting the composite theoretical performance as defined by the Energy Conservation Act from the consumption electricity measured using the measurement methods as defined by the Energy Conservation Act. Energy efficiency standard achievement percentage labels indicate an achievement rate of A: more than 100% but less than 200%, AA: more than 200% but less than 500%, and AAA: 500% or more.
- *12 Shown with 10-mm rubber feet on.
- *13 The instruction manual (bound booklet) is optional.
- *14 Of the Operating Systems listed here, your specified OS will be installed.
- *15 OS supply period is subject to change depending on the OS distribution period of the OS supplier. The Windows® XP preinstalled model was discontinued in November 2016.
- *16 Windows® pre-installed models: Windows® license granted
- *17 If Windows® is in use, the following functions are outside the scope of our support. Windows Bitlocker, Windows® XP mode, power-saving modes (suspend, hibernation), Secure Boot, fast startup
- *18 If the language to be used is English, Chinese or Korean, please specify the English Version in your order. You will be asked to select English, Chinese (simplified/traditional), or Korean at the stage of Windows® 7 initial setup. If the wrong language is selected, your OS will have to be re-installed using the recovery media.
- *19 Windows® Embedded 8.1 Industry is an OS optimized for embedding Windows® 8.1. The license authentication process may be required when running the recovery media or replacing service parts.
- *20 Client Access License (CAL) includes five licenses of Windows® Server CAL. It does not include CAL for other specific functions.
- *21 Multi-monitor function is not supported when Windows® Server 2012 R2 is used.
- *22 Shipment model and drive bay combinations are below.
|Shipping models||Drive Bay 2||Drive Bay 1||Drive Bay 0|
|Single Disk Model||-||HDD or SSD (option selectable)||HDD or SSD|
|RAID Disk Model||RAID1||Hot spare HDD (option selectable)||HDD||HDD|
|(Mirror)||Hot spare SSD (option selectable)||SSD||SSD|
- *23 RAS terminal board and RAS cable are exclusive to DI/DO interface (without power supply). When using DI/DO interface with power supply, users are in charge of preparing RAS terminal board and RAS cable by their own.
- *24 Except while optical drive is in operation.