Engineering Tool nV-Tool
The nV-Tool is a programming software that is uniformly used across all Toshiba's industrial and process controllers*1.
It is the only programming tool needed to fully develop, test and debug application programs. Its versatility, ease of use, and built-in library of pre tested application function blocks allows the programmer to quickly deploy application solutions. The CPU can store the complete program, with documentation, or just the run-time application.
- *1 Toshiba Integrated Controller V series, Toshiba Unified Controller nv series
IEC 61131-3 Programming Environment
The nV-Tool uses a full graphic editor to place, arrange and relocate symbols on the worksheet. It makes automatic connections, line crossings and groundings. The nV-Tool supports IEC 61131-3 compliant
LD/FBD/SFC/ST languages. Multiple languages can be used on the same worksheet (block).
A variety of features are available for maintaining and support of the type1 light program. The on-line graphic editor shows LD power flow, FB values, and SFC active steps. The Synchro Trend, I/O force and data monitor are also very useful in troubleshooting.
An event log monitors and records every change in system status.
Custom Graphic Symbols
The nV-Tool has a symbol editor for creation of detailed graphic symbols unique to specific items of equipment or special functions.
Function blocks can they be replaced with graphic symbols for easier visual comprehension of program action and flow.
Examples of graphic symbols include: ASDs, Lead-Lag-Stand-by arrangements, Motor Starters, Valve Controllers, etc.
The XML file import/export function allows exchange of programs between different V Series/nv series controllers. A project can grow as need or split out into separate controllers if required. XML files are compliant with the industry-standard PLCopen XML Schema Ver. 1.0.
Simulator (planned), remote engineering packages and other software ensure efficient programming, high quality and easy maintenance.
Total support for system engineering
|Operating environment||Hardware||Hardware PC/AT compatible|
|Programming language||Four languages conformed with IEC 61131-3 standard
|Type of use||Standalone/Client server|
|Supported language||Japanese, English|
|Software name||Latest version|
|Engineering Tool 4 (nV-Tool 4)
|Permissive Fault Diagnosis||V1.10.1|
|New Instrumentation FB Library (DS type)||V1.3.0|
|New Instrumentation FB Library (MCS type)||V1.3.0|
|New Instrumentation Tag Editor (DS type)||V1.10.3|
|Remote Engineering Package||V1.80|
- Unified Controller nv series and TC-net are trademarks of Toshiba Corporation.
- Microsoft®, Windows® and Windows Server™ are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation of the United States and/or other countries.
- The formal name of Windows® is Microsoft® Windows® Operating System.
- Other company names and product names herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of the companies concerned.
- The information contained herein is as of June, 2014.
- The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
- The information contained herein is presented only as a guide for the applications of our products. No responsibility is assumed by TOSHIBA for any infringements of patents or other rights of the third parties which may result from its use. No license is granted by implication or otherwise under any patent or patent rights of TOSHIBA or others.
- TOSHIBA products should not be embedded to the downstream products which are prohibited to be produced and sold, under any law, and regulations.
- TOSHIBA does not take any responsibility for incidental damage (including loss of business profit, business interruption, loss of business information, and other pecuniary damage) arising out of the use or disability to use TOSHIBA products.
- Please use the product properly after thoroughly reading and understanding the instruction manual.
- Export or provision to overseas of this product is restricted by foreign exchange law and foreign trade law.
- This product is under restriction of US Export Administration Act, and permission from US government is necessary for export depending on the exporting destination.
- This product is not manufactured for systems that is directly related to human lives such as described below. If you need to use this product for such purpose, please contact our sales representative.
- The propulsion machinery control system of a nuclear power plant, safety protection system of a nuclear facility, and any other systems important to safety
- Control system of collective transport system operation and air traffic control system
- Medical control system that is related to human lives