Vacuum Combination Units (CBS Units)
The high-voltage vacuum contactors are designed and manufactured in accordance with latest IEC standard, IEC 60470 (2000) and for indoor switchgear/controlgear purposes. The contactor shall be applied according to normal service conditions specified. Please consult other than normal service conditions.
Normal Service Conditions
- The ambient air temperature does not exceed 40°C and its average value, measured over a period of 24 h, does not exceed 35°C.
The minimum ambient air temperature is -5°C for class "minus 5 indoor".
- The altitude does not exceed 1,000m.
- The ambient air is not significantly polluted by dust, smoke, corrosive or flammable gases, vapors or salt.
- The average value of relative humidity, for a period of 24h, does not exceed 95%.
The average value of relative humidity, for a period of one month, does not exceed 90%.
No condensation can be expected where sudden temperature changes occur in periods of high humidity.
- Vibration due to causes external to switchgear and controlgear.
Vibration withstand 15Hz 0.2G
Shock withstand 30G
- The supply voltage of auxiliary circuit shall be between 85% to 110% of rated value.
|Conformity to following standards|
|IEC 60470 (2000)||International|
|NEMA ICS 2-324 (1988)||U.S.A.|
|JEM 1167 (1990)||Japan|
|Continuous excitation (Non-latched)||Mainly applied to frequent switching operation such as motor|
|Instantaneous excitation (Latched)||Mainly applied to non-frequent switching operation and/or to the important load which require to be contact closed even with power loss|
- The protection coordination with upper/lower stream relay shall be evaluated by considering total systems and load characteristics.
- The single-phase protection shall be provided which may be occurred by power fuses.
(Apply 2E-relay or fuse blown detector that is provided on combination unit as a standard.)
Application for Surge
No surge protection will be required except for special application, however the insulation coordination shall be evaluated with following table.
Application for Surge List
|Rotating machine||Not required||
|Dry-type transformer||Not required||
|Oil-immersed transformer||Not required||
Precautions for Other Application
- Capacitor Application
The current limiting fuses shall be combined for capacitor switching application.
The series reactor shall be connected, especially back-to-back application.
The electrical life for capacitor application will be reduced due to the high inrush current and higher recovery voltage. Please consult us.
- Terminal connection
The upper terminals shall be used for the protection of contactor.
- Control transformer
The contactor can be operated with following burden of control transformer.
Control transformer List
|Type form of contactor||Control transformer||TOSHIBA VT|
|CV-6GA(L), 6HA(L)||400VA or above||100VA 10P10|
|CV-6KA(L)||750VA or above|