Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation ("TISS"), in accordance with its Basic Commitment and Standards of Conduct, engages in business activities that contribute to society, while endeavoring to earn the trust of all customers and meet the expectations of stakeholders.
TISS protects personal data obtained from its stakeholders in the course of business activities appropriately in accordance with the following Basic Policy, recognizing that personal data is an important asset of each stakeholder and also an important asset for TISS, leading to creation of new value.
- 1-1.TISS strictly observes the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and relevant laws, guidelines established by the government and other regulations. TISS has established the TISS Personal Data Protection Policy (the "Policy"), which TISS carefully implements and maintains, while striving to continuously improve the personal data protection management system.
- 1-2.TISS has established a management framework to protect personal data assigning a person in charge at each of its relevant divisions and ensures that all officers and employees recognize the importance of the Policy and comply with it.
- 1-3.TISS utilizes personal data within the scope of the intended use that is clearly communicated to customers, and takes measures not to be used beyond the scope. TISS does not disclose or provide personal data provided by customers to third parties except with the consent of the customer from whom the personal data was obtained or when there is a legitimate reason.
- 1-4.While maintaining the accuracy and up-to-dateness of personal data, TISS strives to prevent unauthorized access to personal data or the leakage, loss, or damage of personal data and continually enhances and remediates information security management.
- 1-5.TISS responds to inquiries from customers concerning personal data or requests from customers for disclosure of personal data sincerely and without delay.
Established: July 1, 2017
Revised: July 1,2019
President & CEO
Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation
This Basic Policy applies to personal data held by Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation in Japan. Concerning the privacy policies of TISS's affiliates in Japan or overseas subsidiaries, please check with each company.
2.The Privacy Mark
Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation established the Personal information protection system in compliance with JIS Q 15001 and in Feb 2019 acquired Privacy Mark certification from JIPDEC. The Privacy Mark is awarded to companies that appropriately handle personal data.
* Click the image to visit the website of JIPDEC in a new window.
3.Intended Use of Personal Information
With respect to the intended use of personal data which Toshiba holds, please refer to the page of Intended Use of Personal Data.
The business domains TISS utilizes personal data are widely covered by Development, manufacture and sales of social infrastructure business products, systems and services. When TISS obtains personal data from customers on each products and services, TISS clearly indicates in advance the purpose for which the personal data is intended to be used. TISS uses the information within the scope of the stated purpose of use. When the need to use a customer's personal data for any purpose that goes beyond the stated purpose of use arises, TISS notifies the customer to that effect and obtains the customer's consent before using the information for such purpose. TISS uses personal data which are contracted from other companies within the scope of the contract with the company.
4.Provision of Personal Information
- 4-1.TISS does not disclose customers' personal data to third parties except in the following cases.
- 4-1-1.When the customer has given a prior consent to the disclosure
- 4-1-2.When complying with laws and regulations
- 4-1-3.When disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, human health or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- 4-1-4.When TISS consigns the handling of personal data to a third party within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- 4-1-5.When another entity succeeds to the business of TISS due to a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise
- 4-2.When it is deemed that an inquiry from a customer concerning products, repairs, or service can be more appropriately dealt with by a TISS affiliate or distributor, we may provide the customer's name, address, telephone number and other information to the affiliate or distributor on the basis of consent of the customer.
5.Procedures for Requests for Disclosure
TISS complies with the following requests from customers concerning the customer's personal data held by TISS : 1) Request for disclosure; 2) Request for notification of the intended purpose ; 3) Request for correction; 4) Request for addition; 5) Request for deletion; and 6) Request for cessation of use or cessation of disclosure to third parties. Please refer to Procedures concerning Requests for Disclosure etc. by Documents for details of request procedures.
Please note that there is a fee charged for requests for disclosure and requests for notification of the intended use.
6.Inquiries Concerning Personal Data
- 6-1.For products and inquiries from customers, please contact TISS inquiries desk. (Inquiries to TISS)
- 6-2.Inquiries about the Personal Data Protection Policy in general should be directed from the page of Inquiries concerning Personal Data Protection at TISS.
TISS may record phone calls that we accurately understand comments or requests from customers.
7.Request to Children under 16 years
When children under 16 years provide their personal data to TISS, they should provide them only after obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian.
8.Notice regarding websites of TISS
- 8-1.Notice for Use of Services
Please note that some services provided by TISS (including services offered on websites operated by TISS) may not be available if the customer does not provide personal data.
- 8-2.Encryption of Transmission
In case TISS receives personal data from customers, the website uses encryption technology such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) /TLS (Transport Layer Security) and the personal data of customers is protected. It may not be possible to access the page from browsers that do not support SSL/TLS or other technologies.
- 8-4.Notes for Links
TISS disclaims any responsibility for the security of customers' personal data used on third parties' websites that are linked from TISS websites. Please confirm the privacy policies of the linked websites of third parties.
9.Information on important changes and notices
When important changes and notices on personal data arise, TISS will post it to Information.
From time to time TISS may revise the Personal Data Protection Policy to better protect customers' personal data and to comply with changes in the applicable laws and regulations.
Revised: July 1,2021
Chief Privacy Officer
General Manager, HR & Administration Div.