Battery LRT Solution
SCiB™ driven next generation tram systems that harmonize with the landscape
Toshiba uses a battery drive system with the rechargeable battery SCiB™ for Light Rail Transit (LRT) developed as a transportation system to support urban planning with good accessibility. We propose an urban railway system that has high transportation capability which is very convenient, and is environmentally friendly while keeping the open landscape unchanged with no wires in the running space.
Because this is a battery drive system that supplies driving power without needing wires, construction of the power system, and maintenance after starting operation are also reduced. Furthermore, this system doesn't need wires, so routes can be set with a high degree of freedom. For the battery, a Toshiba proprietary rechargeable battery SCiB™ is used that features stability and long life as well as rapid recharging to provide highly reliable operation. Stable operation can also be expected in countries or regions with unstable power supply.
Benefits & Value
- Set routes with a high degree of freedom
- Stable operation that isn't effected by the power supply
- Power system maintenance reduced
- Uses a highly functional battery reducing the volume of the battery mounted in the tram. Furthermore, life-cycle costs are controlled.
- Comprehensive management that brings out battery performance