Charging time is about 5 minutes*
- * The charging time from 50% charged (necessary available capacity for running) to fully charged
Super quick charging supports continuous all day electric bus service.
Toshiba has developed a continuous service electric bus with short stopping times. The storage battery in the bus and the charging system use a rechargeable battery SCiB™, so charging is done smoothly and quickly. This is an environmentally friendly electric bus system that also supports punctuality and a high-density dispatch schedule.
By using a rechargeable battery SCiB™, super quick charging can be expected while stopped or during waiting time and the volume of the in-vehicle battery is also reduced. Also, with the residual battery value assessment technology, it may be reused in stationary applications after service as an in-vehicle battery (*1). Toshiba offers an electric bus as an electric bus solution. Furthermore, we suggest a platform for electric bus transport services for bundled transportation services using an electric bus. We also suggest our transportation conditions sensing for traffic control system that does low cost, high precision sensing of transportation conditions with a bus mounted image probe for traffic management.
- *1 Depending on the amount of battery deterioration, it may not be reusable.
Benefits & Value
Electric Bus Solution
- Our electric bus solution consists of a super quick charging system, a battery reuse system and an electric bus system.
- By using the super quick charging system (smart battery + super quick charger), charging time is faster compared to using only a quick charger.
- Reuse may be possible through SCiB™ real-time analysis of residual performance data. (Depending on the amount of battery deterioration, it may not be reusable.)
Platform for Electric Bus Transport Services
- A design support system is prepared that uses transportation demand analysis and simulation for planning.
- Smart operation control is implemented that has high resistance to environmental conditions while operating.
- Through coordination with map data, simulation results can be superimposed on a map.
Transportation Conditions Sensing for Traffic Control System
- Transportation conditions such as traffic density and parked cars are sensed, and traffic congestion forecast information is provided.
- With stereo image vehicle sensing using the vehicle mounted image processing chip Visconti™2, transportation conditions are sensed in real-time.
- Makes use of the highly detailed information on the road space from the image probe mounted in the moving bus to provide a high precision traffic congestion estimation map.
Ministry of the Environment : global warming countermeasure technology development and demonstration research projects