Toshiba's Ozone Technology provides
Effects of Ozone
1Ozone is a powerful oxidant, stronger than chlorine.
Ozone is used to disinfect, deodorize, decolorize and decompose organic substances in water. It is also used to prevent formation of THMs(*1) in water.
2Ozone molecules are unstable in water, decaying to ordinary diatomic oxygen molecules.
The ozone system has a low impact on the environment.
3Only feed gas and electric power are required for ozone generators.
Ozone is generated internally without transportation or storage.
- (*1) THMs: Trihalomethanes
Principles of Ozone Generation
A large amount of ozone is generated efficiently by silent discharge.
The silent discharge continually occurs without spark when a high AC voltage is applied between the two electrodes placed parallel to each other through dielectric material.
When dry air or oxygen flows between the electrodes, oxygen atoms (O) are ionized, and ozone (O3) is formed in recombination of ionized oxygen atoms (O) and unionized oxygen molecules (O2).
Features of the TGOGS™ Series
High efficiency and low power consumption
- Accurate and narrow discharge gap
- Designed using simulation technology
High level of safety
- Subjected to rigorous testing
- Substantial in test facilities
High reliability and durability
- Equipped with discharge tubes on own fuse
- Containing stainless steel high-voltage electrodes
- Light and easy to handle
- Simple in structure
- Corrosion-resistant with high-voltage electrodes
- Developing new technologies in own research laboratories
History of Toshiba's Ozone Generator
Wide Range of Applications
For Municipal Field
Water purification plants
The ozone treatment process varies according to the purpose of treatment. Ozone injection points are determined by the expected effect or substance to be treated.
- Reduction of THMs
- Improvement in odor and color
- Reduction of organic compounds
- Removal of inorganic matter such as iron and manganese
Sewage treatment plants
- Improvements in odor and color
For Industrial Field
- Reduction of COD(*2)
- Improvements in odor and color
- Decomposition of persistent substances such as endocrine disruptors and medicines
- (*2) COD: Chemical Oxygen Demand
Suitable for application in:
- Dye works
- Oil and gas plants
- Food and beverage factories
- Iron-making factories
- Pharmaceutical plants
- Metal plating factories
- Sugar factories
- Leachate treatment plants
- Pulp and paper plants
Cooling water for thermal power generation plants
- Prevention of scaling
- Reduction in O&M(*3) costs
- Reduction in blowdown and make-up water
- Ozone is decomposed into oxygen, thus no harmful substances are left or contained in the blowdown water.
- (*3) O&M: Operation and Maintenance
- (*4) PSU: Power Supply Unit
We, Toshiba, provide flexible system configuration to meet the particular treatment requirements and capacities of our clients.
Ingredient gas suppliers, cooling systems, waste ozone decomposition systems and reaction tanks are configured according to the inflow water quality, treatment capacity and location of installation.
We ensure reliability, economic efficiency and maintainability to offer ozone treatment systems by taking into account different circumstances.
Layout of Devices
Example of containerized type
Example of layout and piping
We offer a system layout suitable for your needs by taking into account electrical equipment; ingredient gas piping, cooling water and gases containing ozone; ease of operation and maintenance; safety of the work environment; and efficient use of installation space.
Monitoring and Control
Based on reliable electrical and instrumentation technologies cultivated over many years of experience, we offer optimal monitoring and control systems.
|Oxygen fed||Air fed|
|Ozone production||Max. 120 kg O3 /h||Max. 50 kg O3 /h|
|Concentration||Max. 13 wt%||Max. 3 wt%|
|Specific energy||7 to 8 kWh/kg O3(*5)||14 kWh/kg O3(*5)|
|Regulation range||10 to 100%||10 to 100%|
- (*5) When the cooling water inlet temperature is 15 ℃
TGOGS™ Ozone Generators Brochure
Please download the TGOGS™ Ozone Generators brochure.
- Features of the TGOGS™ Series
- Applications of Ozone in Water Treatment
- System Configuration
- Examples of Ozone Generators in Operation
TGOGS™ Ozone Generators (PDF: 8.88 MB)
Personal data received from customers is encrypted and protected by SSL.
You might not be able to use the inquiry form if your browser does not support SSL or if you access this website from a corporate network protected by a firewall.
Your email address is required to download the brochure.
With our expertise and rich experience in water and sewerage infrastructure development in Japan, we conduct business on a global scale.
We operate worldwide, and enhance capacity to provide the best solution to meet the needs of our clients.
We contribute to the creation of environmentally advanced communities with sustainable water infrastructure in response to regional, cultural and environmental requirements.